Wednesday, November 5, 2008


Wednesday, November 5
Well, I am home sick this morning, so I thought I would catch up on the blog.  Daylight savings time has been messing with our schedule a little bit, but I think that in the next two days, we will have it down.  Sunday night, James went to bed at 5:00!  We just could not keep him up any longer!  We has been starting to sleep on his tummy more and more, which is fine, except that when he wakes up, he totally freakes out and forgets how to roll back over!  It is actually pretty funny, in a way.
On the solid food front, we tried pears on saturday, which did not go well.  He hated them; they even made him gag at one point!  So, we decided to move on to bananas, which I thought was a bit of a risk, since Sean is allergic to them.   The first try went ok; he was not really into new flavors. But as each day goes on, he likes them better and better.  I think that tomorrow we are going to go for butternut squash, then apples, then peas.  Then, perhas we can try the pears again.  Right now, he gets yams and rice cereal for dinner, and bananas and a little cereal for breakfast.  It will be great when we can mix it up a little bit.  Question for anyone: Do you think you can interchange butternut and acorn squash, or should they be treated as two different veggies?  I ask because I have one of each that I am planning to make for dinner this week, and would love to just add some fresh squash to his dinner?  Also, the poop has now started to change- Boo!
The teeth continue to come, although no more hve popped through, and we are just moving all over the place.  James too an interest in the past couple of days to giving kisses.  He keeps leaning into my face  with his mouth.  He does this five or six times and then giggles.  I am totally LOVING it.    He is also reaching up for us when he wants us, and just holds on tight and clings to me when I hold him.  When I dropped him off at school yesterday, he did the same thing to his "teacher", Dawn.  I love it!  He just love the ladies that take care of him there, and is always happy when I visit at lunchtime.  Phew!  I could naot be more pleased.  

1 comment:

Mr. + Mrs. B said...

Hi Jamie, too bad your sick but good to read your blog!
So I don't exactly know what you mean about the two veggies? Is that because they say to try one veg at a time for allergy purposes? I think if he has been fine on the butternut, mixing in the acorn will not taste too different. And if he develops an allergy it would be from the acorn squash. I don't have "baby feeding experience" but I think it would be fine. Hope everything else is well with you three.