Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday, November 18


Another beautiful day in Bozeman, Montana!  We had a high today of 72 degrees! In the seven years that we have lived here (can you believe it has been that long?), we have never had a fall as warm as this.  It is truly strange.  I feel like we should be skiing by now! I guess I should be careful what I wish for though, since a change in the weather is coming around on Thursday...

Phew!  I am having a hard time these days keeping up with all of the new things that James is doing!  He is now sitting up on his own.  I noticed this on Sunday morning, and Sean saw it a couple of days before.  But now it is pretty common! He just kind of rolls up there to sitting. And speaking of rolling, this kid can get anywhere in a hurry by rolling around!  It is crazy to see him streaking across the living room in  full "roll"...

Today at school, he would not let his teachers feed him his baba.  He had to do it himself. When they noticed he ws trying to do it on his own, they let him have at it, and he drank up the whole bottle with minimum help.   I think we have an independent little thing on our hands!  I knew he was getting close to this, since we "practice" this after dinner, and he loves it.  I let him play with the baba as long as he is interested.

Overall, he has been cracking us up lately with all of his funny little quirks.  He does this gasping/laughing/ha thing when he is really proud of himself that is a total riot.  I'll have to post a video of it, because it is too much.  He is constantly moving his arms and legs.  We call it is "flapping".   I swear he is going to take off.  He would probably make some serious headway if he was swimming.  Perhaps we have the next Michael Phelps on our hands... He is also quite the talker!  He still loves talking about bob and boooo and baba and ba, but now his favorite word is....dada, dadee, and da.  He also says mama, but only when he is frustrated.  Today on the way home from school, it was dada this and daddy that.  This is what he says when he is happiest.  It is great. 

On that note as well, he sure loves his dad.  Yesterday, Sean was holding James, but needed hand him over to me for a second to do something.  The second he was in my arms, he started to cry, and immediately stopped when Sean took him back.  It was the first real time that I have noticed such a strong reaction to his preference for one of us other the other, in a time when he wasn't hungry (in which the obvious preference would be for my boobs, not necessarily me).  It was really cool.  Especially because it was for Sean.  

Feeding is going well.  We finally found a fruit that James likes - peaches!  He actually opened his mouth and said 'yummm' (he really says yum?!- totally strange)  He also really enjoys peas, which is no surprise, since he is a veggie boy.  Next up is avocado.  I am sure that he is going to love it!

No comments: