Sunday, August 2, 2009

These days

So these days James has been exercising his independence whole-heartedly. Earlier this week I was beginning to become dismayed, as he just would not let us do anything for him. No being held, no feeding him, nothing. But then on Thursday, the most wonderful thing happened which totally made up for it: He gave me his first real kiss! He leaned into me with his cute little lips pursed and made the mmmmm sound. I was in heaven! So, that made up for it. I was really excited.
He is pretty crabby today (and yesterday), and I think he has a little cold, or just a really bad case of teething. But we have been having fun anyway. Yesterday, we woke up very early and all went outside to the garden together to pick fresh raspberries for breakfast. James learned how to pick the ripe ones and eat them right off the bush. We had a great old time!

No comments: