Thursday, April 30, 2009

Walking!!!

Big day...BIG DAY!!!  I came home late from work tonight, opened the front door, and Sean let James go and he walked all the way across the living room, into the entryway, and into my arms! According to Sarah, James' daycare teacher, he didn't need any toys this afternoon, as he was to busy walking.  Sean said when he picked him up from school, he was playing in front of the mirror, very busy staring at himself, and when he noticed that Dad was there, he got up and walked over.  It's like he just got up this morning and decided, I think I'll walk and stand today!  I had a huge feeling that the second that he figured out that he could stand on his own, he would just start walking confidently, and that is exactly what happened.  Yesterday, he wouldn't even stand in the middle of the room.  Heck, this morning he wouldn't!  Now, he is all over the place.  No hesitation, no thought, no just a few steps.  We are talking all the way across the house!  

I am so glad that Sean kept him up so I was able to see it.  What a proud day for us.  We are so pleased and excited.  Let the chaos truly begin...

1 comment:

Mr. + Mrs. B said...

Wow!! Big news! That is so great, and the film is awesome. Keep them coming we can't get enough of that boy.
I love how he is cracking himself up with excitement! As if he is thinking to himself "look at what I can do!" "This is so cool, I am going to do this from now on"
Wish we were there, the B's