Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Baby's First Christmas!


We had a busy day today, and James started the day very crabby, but ended in perfection!  Santa is ready to get the show on the road!  Sean and I are currently enjoying a bit of peace and quiet, watching A Christmas Story, and putting together a little Radio Flyer cart that was handed down from my friend and master's advisor, Betsy's twins.  They sure did enjoy it, and Betsy thought James would too.  She gives great hand-me-downs!  I just looked over at Sean and it occured to me that he is putting together his first Christmas present.  Fun!

We had a great Christmas dinner tonight at home with just the three of us.  I made a whole chicken, roasted, pilaf, and peas.  It was about all that Sean could take, since he is still getting over a terrible flu that he came down with on Sunday.  Hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow!  James dined this evening on pumpkin, tofu, and avocado.  I gave him a rice cake later when we were eating to give him something to do.  He loves the rice cakes!  I gave him one yesterday for the first time, and he was totally into it.  He enjoyed having something that big to hold onto and just chew.  I think he liked the power of being able to feed himself something so large. 

He really has a more varied diet these days, bus still loves his nursing time (happy mom!).  He gets so excited at nursing time, and has been doing so well with it this past week.  I really love it. Especially when he takes his little hand and "cruises" with it.  Sometimes he will rub my face, hold on to my nose, stick his fingers in my mouth, or just rub my chin.  I love it!  Almost always he is kicking his legs, and when he when he is really happy, I don't know how he even stays on, because he starts almost jumping!  So cute!  

Well, we can't wait for tomorrow!  More of an update later!

No comments: