Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27


Teething:
Teething has taken over our little guy's life again.  Today was a little rough on James.  He is back to drooling, and is chewing on everything in sight.  But in typical James fashion, he was trying to be his usual happy self.  One second he would be giggling, and the next crying.  We went back and forth like this all day.  He had several huge meltdowns, and several long naps, and finally went bed after a quiet bath and a nursing strike.  Both very unusual for James. He is just uncomfortable.  He keeps looking up at me with this sad face that I find totally irresistible.  I just want to hold him close and squeeze him tight and make it all better!  Especially when he has one of his little crocodile tears rolling down his sweet little cheek.
Teething is hard on me in several ways.  Firstly, my heart goes out for him; I just hate to see him going through this, and I want to make him all better.  Secondly, this whole nursing thing is getting to me on a physical level.  I really worry when he pushes me away, screaming, that he is done with me and nursing!  Needless to say, I really dislike the prospect that my "master plan" of nursing for a year or more will be foiled by teething, or worse yet, that he doesn't need me anymore! Boo!  This must be one of the great dilemas of parenting.  Bummer.
Hopefully, tommorow will be a better day.  Tuesday is a "school" day, so hopefully he will be in a better place.
On a more positive note, crawling is just seconds away...stay tuned..

No comments: